You'll need administrator rights for your operating system to complete some of these steps.
What You Should Know Before Installing
Check our Compatibility Guide if you want to know whether Acrolinx for XMetaL Author works with your local platforms.
Before you install Acrolinx for XMetaL Author, make sure that you've installed the following:
|XMetaL Author||12, 13, 14 (32-bit and 64-bit)|
|Acrolinx||5.3.1 or later|
First, install any required products - see the section What You Should Know Before Installing above.
To install Acrolinx for XMetaL:
- Download the Acrolinx for XMetaL .msi file from your company download area, or get it from your Acrolinx administrator.
- Close any open programs, including XMetaL Author.
- Double-click the .msi file and follow the installer instructions.
To update, you don't have to remove the previous version of Acrolinx for XMetaL. Simply follow the standard installation procedure for the new version as described above.
To uninstall Acrolinx for XMetaL:
- Close any open instances of XMetaL Author.
- Uninstall Acrolinx for XMetaL like any other Windows program.