Check Your Content
- To check your content, click the CHECK button at the top of the Results tab. Unless your content is flawless, you'll probably see issues show up in the Results tab. Content issues are represented as colored "cards" that you can interact with. We cover how to work with issues more in-depth in the article The Sidebar Card Guide.
- Acrolinx gives you a Scorecard that scores your content based on the types of issues that you're checking for. You also get an overall Acrolinx Score. To see your Scorecard, click on your Acrolinx Score at the top right of the Sidebar or click Scorecard in the slide-out menu.
You can filter the list of issue types so that you can focus on a certain issue type such as spelling.
Check a Selection of Your Content
You can also check a selection of your content. You'll only see the issues for your selection.
Check Selection offers a smaller set of guidance and doesn't include:
- Acrolinx Score
- Tone of Voice
- Discovered Terms
- Reuse (legacy feature)
To check a selection, follow these steps:
Select the content you'd like to check.
The results you see for a selection might differ between Integrations. For example, if you select a single word or phrase, in some Integrations Acrolinx might expand your selection and check the entire sentence.
- Click CHECK SELECTION in your Sidebar. You can find it in the drop-down menu next to the CHECK button.
Check a DITA Map
Acrolinx for XMetaL can check your DITA map content. When you check a DITA map, you get a lighter version of the Sidebar. The cards give you all the information you need to correct your content. But Acrolinx doesn't highlight issues in the text and doesn't replace issues for you. You can edit each issue directly in the text. All other Sidebar features work as you're used to.
To check a DITA map in XMetaL Author:
- Open a DITA map file. By default, DITA maps open in the Map Editor in your Resource Manager (see the screenshot below).
- Click the App Menu in the top-right of your Resource Manager to open a drop-down.
- Click Switch to XML View of Map in the drop-down.
- From the XML view, open your Sidebar and click CHECK.
Embed Check Data
If your Acrolinx administrator enables Embed Check Data, Acrolinx saves check data as a processing instruction at the end of your XML or DITA document. To learn more, see our article on Embed Check Data for Sidebar Integrations.