Which File Types Can I Check?
Acrolinx checks the data in the entire sheet if you don't use Check Selection. This includes single or merged cells, comments, and tables.
Supported file types:
|Microsoft Excel||*.xlsm, *.xlsx, *.xls, *.csv|
Find Acrolinx in Office - Excel
To show the Sidebar, click the Acrolinx iconin the Review ribbon in the Menu.
Check Your Content
- To check your content, click the CHECK button at the top of the Results tab. Unless your content is flawless, you'll probably see issues show up in the Results tab. Content issues are represented as colored "cards" that you can interact with. We cover how to work with issues more in-depth in the article The Sidebar Card Guide.
- Acrolinx gives you a Scorecard that scores your content based on the types of issues that you're checking for. You also get an overall Acrolinx Score. To see your Scorecard, click on your Acrolinx Score at the top right of the Sidebar or click Scorecard in the slide-out menu.
You can filter the list of issue types so that you can focus on a certain issue type such as spelling.
Check a Selection of Your Content
With Check Selection in Excel, you can select parts of your document for Acrolinx to check.
To check a selection in Excel, follow these steps:
- Switch to CHECK SELECTION - you can find it in the drop-down menu next to the CHECK button.
- Select the cells that you want to check. This might be a column or row, or even a single cell.
- Click CHECK SELECTION.
- Voila! The Sidebar will only show you cards for the content you've selected.