You'll need administrator rights for both your Acrolinx Core Platform and Drupal for many of these steps.
What You Should Know Before Installing
Before you install Acrolinx for Drupal, make sure that you've installed the following:
|Acrolinx Core Platform||5.3.1 or later|
|Guidance Package, including new Content Profile for Drupal||5.3|
Check our Compatibility Guide if you want to know whether Acrolinx for Drupal works with your local platforms.
First, install any required software - see the section What You Should Know Before Installing above.
Also, check the admin guide for technical steps that you'll need to take to use Acrolinx for Drupal. For example, enabling single sign-on, and configuring the connection to Acrolinx.
To install Acrolinx for Drupal, follow these steps:
- Download the Acrolinx for Drupal .zip file from your company download area.
- In the Drupal Manage panel, navigate to the Extend > List tab.
- Click + Install new module.
- Upload the Acrolinx for Drupal .zip file and click Install.
- Navigate to the Extend > List tab again, find the Acrolinx module under the heading Custom, select the check box, and click Install.
To update, you'll need to uninstall the previous version (as described below), then install the new version.
After installing the new version, you should clear the cache in Drupal to make sure that the changes take effect. To do this:
- In the Drupal Manage panel, navigate to Configuration > Development > Performance.
- Click Clear all caches.
If you've enabled Embed Check Data, you'll need to remove the Embed Check Data field before you can uninstall Acrolinx for Drupal. Follow these steps:
- In the Drupal Manage panel, navigate to Structure > Content types.
- Choose the content type that you embedded check data into (for example, Article) and click Manage fields.
- For the Acrolinx Check Data field type, select Delete from the OPERATIONS drop-down.
To uninstall a module in Drupal, you'll need to physically remove some of the relevant files from the file system. We've described the full process below:
- In the Drupal Manage panel, navigate to the Extend > Uninstall tab.
- Select the checkbox beside Acrolinx , scroll down, and click Uninstall.
- Once you've confirmed the uninstallation, navigate to Extend > List. Acrolinx will still appear here as a module, with an unselected checkbox. We're not done yet.
- To complete uninstallation, you'll need to delete some module files manually. Navigate to your Drupal folder. You'll see a folder called
- Delete the folder
- If you navigate back to Extend > List in Drupal, Acrolinx should have disappeared as a module entirely. Now you've fully uninstalled Acrolinx.