Acrolinx for Creative Cloud is publicly available in the Adobe Add-ons store, so you can install, update, or uninstall it just like any other add-on.
What You Should Know Before Installing
Before you install Acrolinx for Creative Cloud, make sure that you've installed the following:
|Acrolinx||5.1.x or later|
|Creative Cloud||2015, 2017, 2018, 2019|
Check our Compatibility Guide if you want to know whether Acrolinx for Creative Cloud works with your local platforms.
To install Acrolinx for Creative Cloud, follow these steps:
- In a browser window, open the Acrolinx for Adobe CC page. You might need to sign in with your Adobe ID first.
- Click Install to install the Acrolinx for Adobe CC add-on.
- After about a minute, a notification message appears briefly on your desktop to let you know that you installed the add-on. If you miss the notification, check your Creative Cloud desktop application Activity Stream.
Once you've installed the add-on, the Acrolinx menu will appear when you open or create a document.
If you're having trouble installing your add-on, refer to the Troubleshooting Adobe Add-ons guide.
You don't need to do anything to update Acrolinx for Adobe Creative Cloud, it happens automatically.
A notification message appears in your Creative Cloud desktop application to let you know that you updated the add-on.
You can uninstall Acrolinx without affecting your checked documents.
To uninstall Acrolinx for Creative Cloud, follow these steps:
- Close the Acrolinx Sidebar and close InDesign or InCopy.
- In a browser window, open the Adobe My Add-ons website.
- Navigate to the Acrolinx add-on and click Remove.
- After about a minute, a notification message appears briefly on your desktop and lets you know that you removed the add-on. If you don't get a notification, check your Activity Stream.