When you have completed the term import wizard, the Import Summary page displays the number of terms which will be imported into the Terminology Manager.
The import begins and a progress bar displays underneath the Navigation Menu until the import operation completes. You can continue to use the Terminology Manager while the import is running.
After the progress bar completes, you can view a log of the import operation.
When you reach the Import Summary page, you can perform the following actions:
- Save the import configuration
- Start a new import
To save an import configuration, follow these steps:
- Click Save Import Configuration.
- In the dialog which appears, choose one of the following actions:
- Enter a name for a new import configuration in the first text field.
- To overwrite an existing import configuration, use the radio buttons to select a name in the Saved Import Configurations table.
- Click Save.
To start a new import:
- Click Start New Import.
Viewing Import Log Messages
The Dashboard features a generic inbox for viewing log messages for any tasks that run in the background. This inbox is located at the top right of your screen in the Dashboard Menu.
Large import tasks run in the background while you continue to use the Dashboard. When the import is complete, an unread envelope icon displays next to the Messages menu item in the Dashboard Menu which indicates that you have a new import log message.
To open an import log message, follow these steps:
- Click the Messages menu item in the Dashboard Menu.
- In the Messages Window, click at unread message. The Log Message Window opens and a summary of the import is displayed in a text box.
Click Download Detailed Import Log at the bottom of the Log Message Window to download a complete log of the import.
All import log messages are removed from the Messages Window when the Acrolinx core server is restarted. However, the detailed log files are still stored in the server output directory. For more details ask your Acrolinx Server administrator.