If you have set the Dashboard interface language to a language other than English, you might notice that the category, list item, and field names in the Terminology Manager still appear in English. These names are stored in the terminology database and cannot be adapted to the Dashboard interface language. However, you can initialize the terminology database to display the category, list item, and field names in the language of your choice.
You can only localize category, list item, and field names if a localization file is included in your guidance package. Before you localize the names, check with your Acrolinx project consultant that your current guidance package supports this feature.
You localize the category, list item, and field names by configuring the core server to read the localized names from a localization file. This configuration is intended for initializing an empty terminology database for the first time only.
If you plan to localize the names in an existing terminology database you must export your terms, delete and recreate your terminology database, then re-import the terms.
To localize category, list item, and field names, follow these steps:
- If you are localizing the names in an existing database, back up your terminology database and export your terms to an ACTIF (Acrolinx Comprehensive Term Interchange Format) file.
If your existing database is located on an external database server, configure your Acrolinx Server to temporarily use the default H2 database. Rename your overlay of the persistence properties file to "persistence.properties.backup". You can find your overlay of the persistence file at the following location:
- Stop the core server.
Remove the following folder:
- Open your overlay of the core server properties file.
You find the overlay for the core server properties file in the following location:
Add the following properties:
This property refers to a localization file that contains localized names for each category, list item, and field name. This file is added to your guidance package by the Acrolinx linguistic team. For more information on customizing this file, contact your Acrolinx project consultant. Normally, you don’t need to change the location of this file.
The default location of this file is:
To configure the path to the default location, add this property as follows:
Enter the two-letter language identifier for your preferred language. Currently, the localization file supports the values en, de,ja, and sv.
- Start the core server.
An empty terminology database is created that contains the localized category, list item and field names.
- If you use an external database server, transfer the localized status values to your external database.
- Take a database backup from the empty H2 database so that you have a file that contains the localized category and field names.
- Restore your original persistence file settings by renaming your overlay of the persistence properties file from ""persistence.properties.backup" back to "persistence.properties".
- Restart the core server and restore the localized database backup that you took from the empty H2 database.
- If you’re localizing the names in an existing database, restore your existing terms by importing the ACTIF file that you created in the first step.