Acrolinx Release Notes (including subsequent service releases)

Version 2019.08.1 (16 August 2019) Standard Stack

Summary

This service release is relevant to you if you're working with XML.

Check Failed Parsing UTF-16 Encoded XML

If you experienced this issue, then you might have seen an error message in the Sidebar saying "Check failed. Could not parse input as XML,...". This happened if your XML file is UTF-16 encoded.

We've fixed how we handle parsing UTF-16 encoded XML so that if your XML files are UTF-16 encoded your check works as expected.

Version 2019.08 (2 August 2019) Standard Stack

Summary

We’ve introduced support for OAuth 2.0! This means that you can now set up your organization to use their Google account to also sign in to Acrolinx.

New Features

Use OAuth to Authenticate Users

You can now use OAuth 2.0 to authenticate your users with their Google accounts. You'll need to add some properties on the Core Platform. See Use OAuth to Authenticate Users for how to set it up.

Improvements

Documentation for Font Exclusion in Content Profiles

We've improved our documentation around font exclusion in Content Profiles. We've documented how to extract fonts and other common elements for a Word Content Profile and a PowerPoint Content Profile.

format.properties XML File Extensions Not Case Sensitive

For some Acrolinx Integrations, only XML files where the extension was lowercase were recognized and checked. We've now made sure that your XML files are checked regardless of the file extension case.

Core Platform Can Now Parse UTF-16 XML Files

The Core Platform assumed that all XML, HTML, and plain text file encoding was UTF-8 by default. We've now improved the detection of character set encoding and the Core Platform doesn't assume that it's UTF-8.

Changes

Change to log4j Config for JSON Logs to Be Compact

Our JSON logs now write one JSON object per log line in a condensed format instead of pretty printed JSON.

Warning If Automatic User Registration from Clients Is Allowed

You'll now see a warning in the dashboard if you allow automatic user registration. We strongly recommend that you don't allow automatic user registration unless you’re running Acrolinx in a secure environment.

Bug Fixes

Images in Terminology Weren't Shown When Selecting Image from "Select Columns to show/hide"

Because of an issue with the external base URL and a missing slash, images couldn't be viewed in Terminology, but could be viewed in the Term Browser. You can now see images attached to terms in the Term Browser and in the Terminology. 

Term Browser - Click on a Related Term Opens Dashboard Sign-In Page

We've fixed an issue where clicking on 'related terms' in the Term Browser sent you to the Dashboard sign-in page instead of the related terms.

To clarify, by 'related terms' we’re talking specifically about the custom HTML fields feature. You can click 🔗, select a term and an HTML snippet with a hyperlink is inserted into your custom field.

User Page Became Blank After Clicking 'Save and Close'

In some environments, the user page in the Dashboard became blank after clicking on a user and then clicking 'save and close'. You won't see this issue happen anymore.

Error Message When Changing User Roles 

We've fixed an issue with the feature that allowed user data from a third party where an error appeared after changing a user role and clicking 'Save'. 

Error Removing Custom Fields

If you tried to delete an orphaned custom field in your Terminology, then the database would complain. And rightly so! We've handled this scenario better so that neither you nor the database face this issue.

Content Fingerprint and Oracle 11.2 Crashes the Core Server

In some cases, having Content Tracking by fingerprint on in an environment using Oracle 11.2 led to a Core Server crash. We've fixed this issue and that brings us to the end of our bug fixes for this release! Thanks for making it this far (smile).