You can use server notifications to inform users about changes to Acrolinx they need to be aware of. Notifications are also a great way to let users know that checking might be affected by server maintenance or planned server outages.
Server notifications are displayed on top of the Home page of the Dashboard. They're also displayed in the Sidebar.
- Notifications with the importance Normal are displayed to users once when they sign in to the Dashboard, and once when they run a check with the Sidebar.
- Notifications with the importance High are displayed every time users sign in to the Dashboard or run a check with the Sidebar.
- Notifications that have expired or start in the future aren’t displayed.
- If you select Any Time for the start time, the notification starts straight away.
- If you select Any Time for the end time, the notification expires an hour from the current time.
Users see new notifications when they sign back in to the Dashboard or run a new check with the Sidebar.
To create a server notification, follow these steps:
You need a role with the privilege Edit server notifications.
Sign in to the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Maintenance.
- Navigate to Server Notifications.
- Click New.
- Create a new server notification and click Save.