The Guidance Package
The guidance package typically contains settings that we customized according to the style guide for your organization. If you’re upgrading your guidance package, you need to back up any settings that you have changed .
The Acrolinx server requires a set of guidance package files to run. These files include:
- Modules for certain checking functionalities
- Configurations for the spelling checker
- Grammar and style guidelines
- A terminology database
- Help files for some error types.
If you’re updating your guidance package, first remove the existing guidance package files.
To install the guidance package, follow these steps:
Run the guidance package installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At the last installation step, the guidance package installer provides the option to start the servers upon exiting the installation procedure. This option is selected by default.