Installing Guidance Package Files
The guidance package files typically contain settings that are customized according to the style guide for your organization. If you’re upgrading your guidance package, you must back up any settings that you have changed.
The Acrolinx Server requires a set of guidance package files to run. These guidance package files include:
- Modules for certain checking functionalities
- Configurations for the spelling checker
- Grammar and style guidelines
- A terminology database
- Help files for some error types.
To install the Acrolinx guidance package files, follow these steps:
- Unzip the guidance package into the Acrolinx server directory that was created during the server installation.
Your guidance package has the following naming convention:
Some guidance package files might already exist in the installation directory because they were created during the server installation procedure. If you’re prompted to overwrite existing files, enter "A" for all .
- Run the installer script with the
preplingoption to prepare the guidance package for use on a Unix-based operating system.
You use this option to correct any paths that might only work on Windows installations.
After you have installed the guidance package, start the servers.